Monday, March 10, 2008

$147

The 16th amendment gave the United States the power to tax.

The government takes money entitled to me and holds it for next year.
They realize they take too much and give refunds every year.
If you fail to pay for taxes you owe then you must pay the government back with interest.

The government takes our money. They are free to use it and later pay us without interest.
If you fail to file your taxes or if you owe money you are then penalized.

Sounds like a fair trade off for the protection of my life, liberty, and private property.

This $147 tax refund will serve me well.
Being a consumer in this consumer society I'll need as much as I get...
at least that's what they want me to think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home